Even if you really enjoy your job, it’s still possible to feel bored as you work. You may not be able to make big changes-or change your job-but you can make small adjustments. Here are some tips on how to battle boredom.
1. Switch Your Seat
Change your outlook at the office by changing your office. Ask your assistant to help you find a new desk. If it’s not possible to change your location, see if you can change your desk’s direction. A new view can be just as refreshing as a new location.
Take a subway. Ride a bike on sunny days. You needn’t change the way to go to work for ever-just long enough to help you escape the boredom.
3. Find a New Work Style
Tired of attending that long-standing Monday morning meeting? Try to change it to the afternoon. If you find yourself feeling most bored in the afternoons, try to arrange to do your favorite tasks then and tackle less desirable projects in the mornings. If you usually communicate with coworkers via email and instant messaging, start dealing with people face to face. Increased communication with coworkers may help improve your mood.
4. Get and Set an aim
If your work is short of aims, it’s no wonder that work has become boring. Set an aim. Your aim needn’t be great as long as you are enthusiastic about it. Whatever it is, actively move toward an objective.
81. What is the main idea of the passage? (within 10 words)
82. Which sentence in the text is the closest in meaning to the following one?
You will feel bored when you are not working toward something.
83. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 3 with proper words. (within 8 words)
84. List three methods of escaping from boredom from the passage. (within 5 words for each)
①_______________________ ②_______________________ ③________________________
85. Translate the underlined sentence in the Last Paragraph into Chinese.