1. If you keep on writing, you will have ____ brighter future, likely to become ____ J.K. Rowling.
A. the; a B. the; the C. a; a D. a; the
2. -Are you content with An Lee's new film Life of Pi?
-Not a little. It couldn't be ____________.
A. any better B. any worse C. so bad D. the best
3. __________ copies of Mo Yan’s works will be on sale after his talk at the Press Conference.
A. Signing B. Sign C. Signed D. To sign
4. By Friday, most teens are very tired. But then ______ the more tiring weekend when they have to take out-of-school lessons.
A. is coming B. comes C. will come D. has come
5. Her bright red hair makes her _____ in a crowd, so you will recognize her immediately.
A. stand forB. stand out C. stand up D. stand by
6. The career, she devoted herself so much, finally took off as she liked.
A．which B .from which C．of which D．to which
7._____ made the school proud was ______ more than 90% of the students had been admitted to key universities.
A. What; because B. What; that C. That; what D. That; because
8. The beauty of the West Lake is ______ description.
A. beside B. by C. below D. beyond
9. The zoologist is telling the visitors how a horse’s vision differs from ______ of a human.
A. it B. one C. thatD. those
10. From his ____ voice, I can feel that the news he is going to tell me won’t be good.
A. satisfying B. satisfied C. disappointed D. disappointing
11. -My son is addicted to computer games. He is hopeless, isn’t he?
-Yes, __________ he is determined to give up and start all over.
A. if B. when C. even if D. unless
12. -Look, I've got admission to Harvard University for a short-term study next semester.
-How fantastic! You _______ a different university life then.
A. have experienced B. will be experiencing C. have been experiencing D. will have experienced
13. All the tourists _________ about the bad service in that restaurant.
A. complainedB. expressed C. containedD. explained
14. I was ill that day, otherwise I ____ the sports meet
A. would have taken part in B. took part in
C. had taken part in D. would take part in
15. -Hi, Monica, Have you made up your mind yet?
-Well, , I think I’m going to take up hairdressing.
A．sooner or later B．more or less C．better or worse D．now and then
16. I can’t stand ______ with Jane in the same office. She just refuses_____ talking while she works.
A. working ; stopping B. to work; stopping C. working; to stop D. to work; to stop
17. I sent a big bunch of flowers to the nurse as an ______ of thanks for her taking good care of my grandpa in the nursing home.
A. attitude B. impression C. appreciation D. expression
18. To our delight, we got _______ workers to do the work as we expected.
A. as twice many B. twice as many C. twice many as D. as many twice
19. Many people have donated that type of blood; however, the blood bank needs _____.
A. some B. less C. much D. more
20. His first book ________ next month is based on a true story.
A. published B. to be published C. publishing D. will be published
21. Tom’s mother kept telling him that he should work harder, but _______ didn’t help.
A. he B. which C. she D. it
22. ---Did you have any difficulty catching yesterday’s lecture?
---No. The professor spoke very clearly to make his speech easy __________.
A. understood B. understand C. understanding D. to understand
23. The new movie promises to be one of the biggest money-makers ______________.
A. in no time B. at the same time C. of all time D. from time to time
24. Whom would you rather________ with you，Wang or Zhang?
A．have go B．have to go C．love to go D．like to go
25. --- Are you going to Tom’s birthday party?
--- . I might have to work.
A. It depends B. Thank you C. Sound great D. Don’t mention it