第一节 完形填空 (共15小题；每小题2分，满分30分)
One night recently, I was driving down a highway at about 60 miles an hour. A car came from the 1 direction at about the same speed. As we 2 each other, I looked into the driver’s eyes for a second. I 3 whether he might be thinking, as I was, how 4 we were on each other at that moment. I was relying on him not to fall 5 , not to cross over into my lane (车道) and bring my 6 to a sudden end. He relied on me in just the same way without doubt.
I believe that is the way the world _7 . At some level, we all depend upon one another. Sometimes that dependence requires us simply not to cross over the double yellow line. Sometimes it requires us to 8 cooperatively, with friends or even 9 .
_10 technology makes our world smaller, the need increases for cooperation. In 2003, doctors in five nations were encouraged to find the causes of SARS, saving thousands of lives. The 11 of international terrorism has shown itself to be a similar problem, one requiring the 12 across the world. We must 13 that our future is not controlled by ourselves alone.
I’ve come to believe that one must rely upon the good faith and judgment of others. So, while 14 alone down a dark road, we must know the coming light may not be a danger, but a 15 moment of trust.
1. A. same B. opposite C. near D. far
2. A. passed B. caught C. blamed D. reminded
3 A. asked B. searched C. repeated D. wondered
4. A. friendly B. strange C. dependent D. confident
5. A. ill B. asleep C. away D. apart
6. A. car B. trip C. journey D. life
7. A. forms B. runs C. works D. appears
8. A. act B. walk C. stay D. travel
9. A. strangers B. relatives C. colleagues D. animals
10. A. But B. If C. As D. After
11 A. arrival B. organization C. developmentD. threat
12. A. efforts B. practice C. fighting D. forces
13. A. hope B. decide C. recognize D. face
14. A. sitting B. standing C. flying D. driving
15. A. closed B. shared C. broken D. concerned