I . Listening Comprehension
Directions：In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. At a library. B. At a hotel. C. At a bank. D. At an airport.
2. A. Relaxed. B. Annoyed. C. Worried. D. Satisfied
3. A. Doctor and patient. B. Shop owner and customer.
C. Secretary and boss. D. Receptionist and guest.
4. A. He would have thrown $300 around. B. $300 is not enough for the concert.
C. Sandy shouldn't have given that much. D. Dave must be mad with the money
5. A. She lives close to the man. B. She changes her mind at last.
C. She will turn to her manager. D. She declines the man's offer.
6．A.2 B.3． C.4．D．5
7. A. Both of them drink too much coffee.
B. The woman doesn't Like coffee at all.
C. They help each other stop drinking coffee.
D. The man is uninterested in the woman's story
8. A. He doesn't. mind helping the woman.
B. He hesitates whether to help or not.
C. He'll help if the woman doesn't mind
D. He can't help move the cupboard.
9. A. He's planning to find a new job.
B. He prefers to keep his house in a mess.
C. He's too busy to clean his house
D. He has already cleaned his new house,
10. A. She doesn't agree with the man.
B. She is good at finding a place to stay.
C. She could hardly find the truth.
D. She had no travel experience in Britain.
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages, and you will be asked three questions on each of the passages. The passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage
11. A. Use the company's equipment. B. Give orders to robots
C. Make decisions for the company. D. Act as Big Brother.
12. A. Employees gain full freedom. B. Employees suspect one another.
C. Employees' children are happy. D. Employees enjoy working there.
13. A. Reward. B. Safety. C. Trust. D. Honesty
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage
14. A. Canada had a smaller population. B. Land was cheaper in Canada.
C. They wanted to continue the Revolution. D. They were against Britain.
15. A. They standardized Canadian English.
B. They settled there after the Revolution.
C. They enjoy a very high social position.
D. They make up a small part of the population
16. A. It is considered unique to some extent. B. It is greatly influenced by French.
C. It is mainly linked to British culture. D. It dates back to the late 17th century.
Directions: In Section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.