第一部分 听力 （共两节，满分30分）
例：How much is the shirt？
A. ξ19.15. B. ξ9.15. C. ξ9.18
1. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In a bookstore. B. In a classroom C. In a library
2. At what time will the film begin?
A. 7:20 B. 7:15 C.7:00
3. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. Their friend Jane. B. A weekend trip C.A radio programme
4. What will the woman probably do?
A. Catch a train B. See the man off C. Go shopping
5. Why did the woman apologize?
A. She made a late delivery
B. She went to the wrong place
C. She couldn’t take the cake back
6. Whose CD is broken?
A. Kathy’s B. Mum’s C. Jack’s
7. What dose the boy promise to do for the girl?
A. Buy her new CD.
B. Do some cleaning.
C. Give her 10 dollars.
8．What did the man think of the meal?
A. Just so-so. B. Quite satisfactory C.A bit disappointing.
9. What was the 15% on the bill paid for ?
A. The food B. The drinks C. The service.
10. Why is the man at the shop?
A. To order a camera for his wife.
B. To have a camera repaired.
C. To get camera changed.
11. What colour does the man want?
12. What will the man do afterwards?
A. Make a phone call.
B. Wait until further notice.
C. Come again the next day.
13. What would Joe probably do during the Thanksgiving holiday?
A. Go to a play.
B. Stay at home.
C. Visit Kingston.
14. What is Ariel going to do in Toronto?
A. Attend a party.
B. Meet her aunt.
C. See a car show.
15. Why is Ariel in a hurry to leave?
A. To call up Betty.
B. To buy some DVDs.
C. To pick up Daniel.
16. What might be the relationship between the speakers?
B. Fellow workers.
C. Guide and tourist.
17. Where does Thomas Manning work?
A. In the Guinness Company.
B. At a radio station.
C. In a museum.
18. Where did the idea of a book of records come from?
A. A bird-shooting trip.
B. A visit to Europe.
C. A television talk show.
19. When did Sir Hugh’s first book of records appear?
A. In 1875
B. In 1950
C. In 1955
20. What are the two speakers going to talk about next?
A. More records of unusual facts.
B. The founder of the company.
C. The oldest person in the world.