II. Grammar and Vocabulary
Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence.
25. Your generous donation can make a huge difference ______ the life of those living below the poverty line.
A. from B. on C. to D. of
26. I thought the journey would be simple, but ______ could be further from the truth.
A. anything B. something C. nothing D. any thing
27. Well known for their amazing strength, ants can lift ______.
A. heavier than 50 times their own weight
B. 50 times heavy as their own weight
C. 50 times heavy than their own weight
D. 50 times their own weight
28. Though he ______ many times, he still had no idea of this complicated concept.
A. had told B. have been told
C. had been told D. has told
29. The Guinness World Records recognized 30-year-old Jessica Cox the first person without arms ______ an airplane.
A. flying B. flew C. having flown D. to fly
30. During my journey, I started thinking about how difficult it ______ to travel before cars, trains and planes made our lives so much easier.