One day a rich boy bought a magic mirror (镜子). When he got home, he looked in the mirror. His face looked sad. He tried to smile and make funny faces, his face looked still sad. Then he did many happy things, but his face always looked sad.
“Oh, what a terrible mirror! It doesn’t work! ” he said angrily.
The next day on his way to buy some chocolate, he saw a little girl crying sadly. The rich boy went up to her and asked what had happened. The little girl said she couldn’t find her parents. “Don’t worry. I’ll help you,” the rich boy said. So they went to look for them together. Finally they found her parents. They were so thankful for his help. After the rich boy arrived home, he looked in the mirror as usual. To his surprise, his face looked very happy. The boy understood the magic of the mirror. The mirror could show the true feelings of its owner. This was true—the rich boy had helped that little girl so he felt really happy.
41. One day a rich boy bought _______.
A. a small mirror
B. a normal mirror
C. a magic mirror
D. a magic book
42. The boy’s face always looked _______ in the mirror on the first day.
43. On his way to buy some chocolate, the rich boy saw_______ crying sadly.
A. a little dog
B. a little cat
C. a little girl
D. a little boy
44. Finally the rich boy _______.
A. lost his parents
B. bought a new mirror
C. bought a mirror for the little girl
D. helped the little girl find her parents
45. From the story we know the boy was _______.
46. Tom is a 12-year-old boy. If he has a headache, he should take _______ a day.
A. 3 tablets
B. 2 tablets
C. 1 tablet
D. 1/2 tablet
47. If a person is _______ years old, he or she can’t take this medicine.
48. If you want to borrow some childrenbooks, you can go to _______.
A. 2nd floor
C. 4th floor
D. 5th floor
49. The Public Library is closed at _______.
A. 4:00 pm
B. 5:00 pm
C. 9:00 am
D. 12:00 am
50. Lin and his father want to go to the Hamilton Zoo, they should pay _______.
You may know the song Happy Birthday very well. But do you know about its writer? It was written by an American girl. And she became very rich after that.
When she was a child, she was poor. Once, she was invited to her friend’s birthday party. She was pleased but sad because she didn’t have enough money to buy a gift for her.
“The party is coming soon, but now I have little money.” Tears ran down her face.
Later that night she was in bed, thinking about the gift when the door opened and her grandma came in.“ What happened? ” her grandma asked. Hearing the girl’s story, she said, “Don’t worry. I think I can help you. How about singing a song together? Happy birthday to …”What a beautiful song! They sang and sang. Suddenly she woke up. It was a dream! She decided to write it down at once and sing it to her friends at the party.
When she sang the song at the party the next day, her friends were very happy. “How wonderfully you sing! We haven’t heard such a beautiful song before. Thank you for giving me the special gift.” said her friend. And they learnt to sing it together. Later the girl became well-known in America.
51. The song Happy Birthday was written by .
A. an American girl’s friend
B. an American girl’s grandma
C. an American boy
D. an American girl
52. The girl was sad because .
A. she wasn’t invited to the party.
B. she would be busy that day.
C. she didn’t want to go to the party.
D. she didn’t have enough money to buy a gift.
53. What gift did she give her friend?
A. A flower.
B. An interesting book.
D. A toy.